Monday, June 26, 2017

The Many Uses for Gummi Bears

I have an ongoing project to make posts for mental_floss articles I wrote way back when that I do not have an archive for. Here's another one, from 2007.


Last week, a chandelier made of Gummi Bears made the rounds on the 'net. I was inspired to look up the history of the Gummi Bear. Did you know Gummi Bears were first produced in 1922?! Candymaker Hans Riegel called them "dancing bears". It wasn't until 1981 that they became widely available in the United States. Besides appealing to kids' tastes, Gummi Bears turned out to be useful in many other ways. Check them out in an article I wrote for Mental Floss.

2 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

The candyusa.org link is dead.

gwdMaine said...

I can say unequivocally and from multiple instances of
first hand experience that Gummi Bears, their cousins
the Worms, along with Happy Colas are exceedingly useful
as a means of absorbing Vodka, Tequila and Capt Morgan's
Spiced Rum.