Wednesday, May 16, 2018

My Kid's Summer Job

My younger daughter, the one I refer to as Gothgrrl on the blog, has always loved elephants. From  a young age, she told me she was going to grow up and get a job taking care of elephants. I never told her she couldn't do that, but I said she might have to expand her focus to take care of all animals, if she wanted to work in a zoo or something. I guess she showed me. She is working on a degree in zoology, and is spending the summer interning in an elephant sanctuary in Thailand. She's the one in the middle. She found the place, got the job, received a grant, and made all the arrangements herself. I couldn't be more proud.




14 comments:

Bruce said...

Love it. That is a perfect example of following your dream.

Anonymous said...

good for her, you taught her well.

Mark said...

What a great kid. Most people never find their place in the world and actually get to do it. She looks so happy.

Lilylou said...

That is so cool! What a fabulous thing to do!

Massimo said...

This is so beautiful! To me she feels like family!

Unknown said...

Well done! Do what you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life.

Barbwire said...

How great! She is clearly mature beyond her years, knows her own mind, and is willing to do what's necessary to achieve her dreams. You did a great job, raising such a mature young woman!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to her, and congrats to you, mom.

The Nag said...

What a wonderful opportunity! Focus pays off.

Anonymous said...

Well done! We need more go-getters like her.

Jane said...

Wow! That is amazing. So glad to see a young woman who knows what shw wants in life go out there and grab it. Well done both of you!

Anonymous said...

Good for her!

Miss Cellania said...

Thank you, everyone!

Nimble said...

Amazing! Can't go wrong with elephants.